I’m so excited to announce my next retreat abroad, and this time it is at the wonderful Yogi Surfer, in Morocco.
A combination of eco chic decor, chilled beach vibes, beautiful yoga spaces and delicious food makes this an ideal 5 night escape; to do as much or as little in this outdoorsy setting.
- Date: June 11th to 16th 2020
- Location: The Yogi Surfer, Taghazout, Morocco (info on how to get there & arrival timings below)
WHY DID I CHOOSE THIS PLACE?
- Ease of getting to the Coast … just 15 km from Agadir airport
- 350 days of sun per year, on average
- The Yogi Surfer is dedicated to healthy mind and body, with lovely interiors and amazing food
- A stunning yoga shala and a gorgeous pool for numerous daily dips
- 15 km of unspoilt sandy beaches. Nothing more I love than a sunrise / sunset beach wander and plenty of options for beginner & intermediate surfers
- For non-surfers there are still plenty of other options for things to do
This will be the 5th retreat I’ve organised and 12th I’ll have been on, so I like to think that I’m getting quite experienced with planning these things!
There will be twice daily yoga practices, every full day we are there.
75 mins class
After warming up the body, we will flow through dynamic ‘Yang style’ poses, moving the body through fun flowing sequences where you will break a sweat and challenge your body. I will be using learnings from my trainings in Vinyasa, Ashtanga, Rocket and Mandala. Each day will have a ‘goal pose’ we will be working towards and there will be options for all levels.
I really, really encourage my students to take ownership of their own practice. By this I mean; listen to your body – when you need to go slow, go slow. When you could do with stillness and focussing on your breath, take your childs pose and simply relax. Equally, if you feel an urge to practice handstands, go for it!
One Morning will solely be dedicated to a Mandala practice (which is my favourite style and I’m sure you’ll love it too) and one day to Rocket (designed to make you leave feeling uplifted, like a rocket). There will be adaptations for all levels and please do let me know your injuries/health conditions prior to travel so I can plan the more complex modifications if needed.
60 mins class
In the evenings we will be taking it down a notch, doing restorative ‘Yin style’ sequences in order to relax and enhance the body’s deep connective tissue. We hold these poses for 2-5 minutes and our bodies enjoy the benefits of increased flexibility, openness and relaxation, Yin makes me feel so so so good, a bit like that feeling after a massage and I sleep like a baby post yin.
Yin isn’t just powerful for the body, but for the mind too.
Surf coaching (costs passed on directly, I take no commission):
- Full day at 30 € pp/per day
- 3 x Surf coaching days 85 €
Please note that surfing is OPTIONAL.
THINGS TO DO
For non surfers or days when you just don’t fancy surfing:
- Visit the local Souks: including; Al Ahad
- Visit local ruins: Agadir Oufella
- Hike To The Kasbah
- Relax In A Hammam
- Visit The Memoire d’Agadir
- Stroll Around La Médina d’Agadir
- Take A Trip To The Souss Massa National Park
Of course you also can simply relax at the pool or beach too!
- £695 Bunk Bed
- £795 Standard Room, Double Occupancy
- £845 Suite, Double Occupancy
- £1295 Private Standard Room
**Double Occupancy can be arranged as two twins or one double, solo retreat-goers are welcomed. We will match you with a same-sex roommate.
Spaces are limited, register your interest here…
Please note that timings are a rough estimate and will depend on the group, weather and swell!
- 12pm: Arrival
- 4pm: 75min Opening Practice
- 6pm: Welcome Dinner
12th, 13th, 14th, 15th June:
- 8am: 75 min Yoga + Meditation
- 9.20am: Breakfast
- 10am: Leave for Surfing Lesson Opportunity
- 2:30pm: Lunch
- 5pm: Sunset Yin Yoga Practice
- 7pm: Dinner
- 8am: 75 min Yoga + Meditation
- 10am: Breakfast
- 12pm : Departures from Yogi Surfer and you can leave your bags there to 1) go for a surf class or 2) trip to one of the ‘Things To do’ listed above
- 5.30pm: Transfer to the airport
I recommend the following if coming from the UK. Please note these are the prices when I last checked late October and likely to increase closer to travel date:
6.30 am 11th Jun LGW –> Agadir 10.25am on Easyjet (3,55 hr) – £71 (subject to change)
8.30 pm 16th Jun Agadir–> STN on Ryanair (3,45 hr) – £66 (subject to change)
Alternative if you need to get back earlier: 11.10am 16th June Agadir –> LGW 3pm on Easyjet (3,45 hr) – £76 (subject to change)
Approx £25 per person each way (based on 4 sharing)
Once people have booked flights I will help connect you guys to share transfers – send me your flight details once you’ve booked
- ACCOMMODATION (shared and solo options available)
- MORNING & EVENING YOGA (always optional should a lie-in be what your body really needs)
- ALL EQUIPMENT
- 3 MEALS PER DAY (vegetarian, delicious, abundant and healthy) – you can of course dine out if you wish
- WORKSHOPS (including Juggling, Vision Setting, Mandala Elements, and Dealing With Pressures)
- LOTS OF SUPPORT AND 1:1 TIME with me – to meet your individual needs
- GOODY BAGS with lots of fun freebies
- TRAVEL: to and from the retreat venue. Flights and transfers are not included but I can recommend them.
- ALCOHOL (but it is allowed)
- SURF LESSONS
YOUR INSTRUCTOR: HELENA WILTON
I am a London based yoga teacher, trained in Vinyasa Flow, Ashtanga, Mandala, Yin and Rocket. I am a strong believer that no one size fits all and encourage my students to adapt classes as needed to suit what their body needs on that given day.
My yoga classes combine personal development themes to help develop minds with a new edge whilst also practising dynamic poses and improving flexibility & strength. For a taster, check out my Youtube channel.
‘Can I come alone?’
Absolutely – I can pair you up to share a room with someone of the same sex
‘I have barely done yoga before, I don’t think I’ll be good enough?’
I am experienced in teaching beginners. On previous retreats I’ve had people who have done zero yoga before and one lady who was new to yoga and in her 70’s. Anyone is welcome!
‘I may want a lie in one morning rather than a yoga class?’
Do what your body needs to, nothing is compulsory
‘I have no idea what those yoga styles you mention are?’
Don’t worry at all! Just arrive with your cup empty, and ready to be filled up with new styles and learnings.
‘What can I do during my free time?’
So much. I’ve listed some options above but you can Google for yourself for more ideas!
HOW TO BOOK
Please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a message via Facebook/Instagram: @helenawilton to ask any questions and reserve your spot.
£350 deposit is required to reserve your space. Remaining balance to be paid at least 8 weeks prior to the retreat.
Name: Helena Wilton
Account number: 00001414
Sort code: 20-11-43
Lots of love xxx