After a year of gandering on their website, I’ve finally booked to take a group to the wonderful Yogi Surfer in Morocco.
A combination of eco chic decor, chilled beach vibes, peaceful yoga spaces and delicious food makes this an ideal 5 night escape to do as much or as little as you like!
- Date: June 11th to 16th 2020
- Location: The Yogi Surfer, Taghazout, Morocco
Why did I choose this place?
This will be the 5th retreat I’ve organised and 12th I’ll have been on, so I like to think that I’m getting quite experienced with planning these things! A few reasons I chose this place:
- Ease of getting to the Coast on South-Atlantic Morocco, 15 km from Agadir
- 350 days of sun per year makes it such an easy win
- 15 km of unspoilt sandy beach. Nothing more I love than a sunrise or sunset beach wander
- There are 15+ internationally renowned surf spots here but if you don’t fancy getting on a board there are tonnes of other options for things to do! FYI I plan to surf each day too and am a beginner. There will be waves for all levels.
- Chic vibes at low cost…the prices for Morocco will inevitably begin to rise over the next few years as it is increasing in popularity
The Yogi Surfer is first and foremost the coming together of different characters and personalities from across the globe with one thing in common: an unconditional love for nature, waves and yoga.
A space dedicated to healthy mind and body through the practice of surf and yoga, all in a setting designed for your comfort and well-being.
There will be twice daily yoga practices. Mornings will involve dynamic ‘Yang style’ poses, moving the body more rigorously, whereas in the evenings we will be taking it down a notch, doing restorative ‘Yin style’ classes in order to relax and enhance the body’s deep connective tissue. I am experienced working with athletes, office workers and mum’s, whatever your background, I will adapt to fit your needs. I’ve had ages from 20’s to 70’s on my retreats so far, I love the mix of ages.
Surf coaching (costs passed on directly, I take no commission):
- Full day at 30 € pp/per day
- 3 x Surf coaching days 85 €
Approx £25 per person each way (based on 4 sharing)
Once people have booked flights I will help connect you guys to share transfers
- ACCOMMODATION (shared and solo options available)
- MORNING & EVENING YOGA (always optional should a lie-in be what your body really needs)
- ALL EQUIPMENT
- 3 MEALS PER DAY (vegetarian, delicious, abundant and healthy) – you can of course dine out if you wish
- WORKSHOPS (including juggling, personal vision setting and dealing with pressure)
- LOTS OF SUPPORT AND 1:1 TIME with me – to meet your individual needs
- GOODY BAGS with lots of fun freebies
- TRAVEL: to and from the retreat venue. Flights and transfers are not included but I can reccomend them.
- ALCOHOL (but it is allowed)
YOUR INSTRUCTOR: HELENA WILTON
I am a London based yoga teacher, trained in Vinyasa Flow & Ashtanga (and just about to start my training in yin, rocket, mandala and advanced sequencing/anatomy. My yoga classes combine personal development themes to help develop minds with a new edge whilst also practising dynamic poses and improving flexibility & strength. For a taster, check out my Youtube channel.
Bunk in a shared room:
Single spot in a shared room of 3 (non bunk):
Shared room with one other (ideal for those coming with a friend/partner)
Single occupancy of a Queen bed:
£695 Bunk Bed [**only two bunks left]
£795 Standard Room, Double Occupancy
£845 Suite, Double Occupancy
£1295 Private Standard Room
£1,495 Private Suite
**Double Occupancy can be arranged as two twins or one double, solo retreat-goers are welcomed. We will match you with a same-sex roommate.
HOW TO BOOK
** A £350 deposit is required to hold your space. Once received you will be sent booking + waiver forms as well as details for payment plans should you wish to be put on one.
‘Can I come alone?’
Absolutely – I can pair you up to share a room with someone of the same sex
‘I have barely done yoga before, I don’t think I’ll be good enough?’
I am experienced in teaching beginners. On previous retreats I’ve had people who have done zero yoga before and one lady who was new to yoga and in her 70’s. Anyone is welcome!
‘I may want a lie in one morning rather than a yoga class?’
Do what your body needs to, nothing is compulsory
HOW TO BOOK
50% deposit is required to reserve your space. Remaining 50% to be paid at least 8 weeks prior to the retreat.
Name: Helena Wilton
Account number: 00001414
Sort code: 20-11-43
Please email me on email@example.com or send me a message via Facebook/Instagram: @helenawilton to ask any questions and reserve your spot.
Lots of love xxx