After an incredible first UK retreat in March 2019, I have taken on all of your ideas for my next on on board.
From doing a lot of research, I’ve decided on the following, to give you the most relaxing and rejuvenating weekend of your lives:
Venue: Tilton House in the South Downs, East Sussex, BN8 8LL
Date & Timings: 3pm 4th September to 3pm 6th September 2020
My Goal: over the long weekend you will slowly release layers of body tension and your mind will become progressively clearer and calmer. Whilst enjoying delicious food and meeting a beautiful community of people from all walks of life
Please note that these are approximations and will be finalised and given to you in your Welcome Pack nearer the time.
3 – 5pm: Arrivals. Where you’ll be given a very warm welcome, teas and snack and shown to your rooms
5 – 6pm: Yin & yang combination yoga (dynamic and relaxing 50:50 split)
6 – 7pm: Explore the grounds, library, sauna, maybe catch the sunset! I don’t know about you but that initial explore is always so exciting I feel it needs to be scheduled so it isn’t rushed
7pm: Nutritious & delicious dinner
8 – 8.30 pm: ‘Get to know you’ human bingo game, and a few other little ice breaker games up my sleeve
After all that …. Read, chat, get an early night if you wish!
7.30 – 8am: Fruit, teas, coffee, snacks
8 – 9.15am: Morning Yoga – Dynamic Practice (likely to be ‘mandala flow’ style)
9.15 – 9.30am: Guided Meditation
9.30 – 10.30am: Breakfast spread
10.30 am – 1pm FREE TIME, explore via local walks, historical site, have a massage, read, rest, do what you please!
12.15 – 1pm: Optional Workshop. Topic: Goal Setting
2pm onwards: FREE TIME continued
3.30 – 4.00pm: Optional workshop. Topic: juggling
5.30 – 6.30pm: Yin/Restorative Yoga
6.30 – 7.30pm: Glass of wine/juice/chill time
7.30pm: Nutritious & Delicious Dinner
8.30 – 9.30pm: Read, chat, star gaze
7.30 – 8am: Fruit, teas, coffee, snacks
8 – 9.15am: Morning Yoga
9.15 – 9.30am: Meditation
9.30 – 10.30am: Breakfast spread
10:30 – 1pm: FREE TIME / optional guided walk with Helena
12.30 – 1pm: optional Workshop. Topic: How To Headstand
1 – 2pm: Final Lunch
Oh man I did lots of research to choose this spot. Tilton House allows for an escape from the urban sprawl without wasting hours getting there. It has acres of unspoilt land, gorgeous views and magic.
Although this place was a little over my rental budget I have worked to find ways to absorb some of that cost and not pass it onto you guys!
A bit more info on Tilton House…
- It is a retreat venue set within the South Downs National park. Rolling landscapes, stunning views and filled with flowers and beautiful nature it is my dream place and hopefully yours too!
- It is a period home, once owned by the Economist, John Maynard Keynes and the likes of Virginia Wolf retreated there for weekends of creative inspiration
- It has a wonderful library, sauna, purpose built yoga yurt and lots of cozy spaces and lush view points
- Easy to get to from London is a massive bonus too.
Another thing I love about this place is that you can have plenty of alone time if that’s what you’re needing. Secret spaces to escape to allows you to lose your inner chatter and busy life and find some quiet.
3 chef prepared meals per day, to meet all dietary requirements. Menus are designed by their team of epicureans to thrill the palate and boost our energy
You’ll be feasting on delicious, nutritious food foraged from the Tilton Wood or grown on site in the kitchen garden and orchard (this was the no1 selling point to me!)
All food will be vegetarian, with a strong emphasis on plant based. using as much veg from the land as possible
We have 3 possible locations for our classes – 1) a purpose built Yurt and 2) Yoga room. 3) On the lawn – weather permitting. We are likely to do a mix of the above depending on people’s preferences. My job is to make you all feel comfortable and enjoying the classes as much as possible.
My yoga style is Vinyasa Flow with some Ashtanga focus (I’m trained in both) but exciting news that later on in 2019 I’m off to Thailand to do my next 300 hour teacher training in Mandala, sequencing, rocket and yin. So by that time I will be a very qualified and knowledgable teacher in multiple areas!
THINGS TO DO
- There will be a minimum if 3 workshops included: juggling, goal setting and inversions (getting upside down) are likely workshop topics.
- Walks in beautiful beautiful nature. An opportunity to truly unwind and refresh. There will be one guided walk
- Visit Charleston – a history buffs dream I hear
- Enjoy time in the cedar wood sauna (included in cost)
- Play tennis – rackets and balls available on request
- Treatments e.g. massage
- Fire pit – available on request
- Fireside reading a book from the wonderful library
- Stargazing on the Tor grassland
- Visit firle beacon – one of the highest points in the South Downs
- Relax in a hammock or on the lawn (weather permitting of course) with the soothing sounds of birdsong in the background. Time to simply ‘be’
- LUXURY ACCOMMODATION (shared and single options available)
- MORNING & EVENING YOGA (always optional should a lie-in be what your body really needs)
- ALL EQUIPMENT
- ALL MEALS & SNACKS (delicious, abundant and healthy)
- WORKSHOPS (including juggling, goal setting and dealing with pressure)
- ALL TEAS, COFFEES
- LOTS OF SUPPORT AND 1:1 TIME with me – to meet your individual needs
- GOODY BAGS with lots of fun freebies
- TRAVEL: to and from the retreat venue. However, I will help you to find people to share cars with or taxis from the train station. It is straight forward if you are coming from London by train)
- ALCOHOL (but it is allowed and can be purchased on site.)
YOUR INSTRUCTOR: HELENA WILTON
I am a London based yoga teacher, trained in Vinyasa Flow & Ashtanga (and just about to start my training in yin, rocket, mandala and advanced sequencing/anatomy. My yoga classes combine personal development themes to help develop minds with a new edge whilst also practising dynamic poses and improving flexibility & strength. For a taster, check out my Youtube channel.
Mornings will involve dynamic ‘Yang style’ poses with very specific and goal orientated aims whereas in the evenings we will be taking it down a notch, doing restorative ‘Yin style’ classes in order to relax and enhance the body’s deep connective tissue. I am experienced working with athletes, office workers and mum’s, whatever your background, I will adapt to fit your needs.
Based on a shared room (with one other aside from the Mezzanine room):
- Earlybird: £395
- Standard: £445
You do not have to come with someone to go in a shared room. These will be allocated by me (I’ll pick someone I think you will get on well with) unless you request to share with someone.
*Mezzanine room: there is one 3 person room which has privacy for each person. If you are coming as a 3 please let me know so I can hold this room for you.
‘Can I come alone?’
Absolutely – I can pair you up to share a room with someone of the same sex
‘I have barely done yoga before, I don’t think I’ll be good enough?’
I am experienced in teaching beginners. On previous retreats I’ve had people who have done zero yoga before and one lady who was new to yoga and in her 70’s. Anyone is welcome!
‘I may want a lie in one morning rather than a yoga class?’
Do what your body needs to, nothing is compulsory
HOW TO BOOK
50% deposit is required to reserve your space. Remaining 50% to be paid at least 8 weeks prior to the retreat.
Name: Helena Wilton
Account number: 00001414
Sort code: 20-11-43
Please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a message via Facebook/Instagram: @helenawilton to ask any questions and reserve your spot.
Lots of love xxx